OA's Project Ecuador

Opportunitas Aequa's first project is the collection of new and used soccer equipment to be transported and distributed to the rural province of Chimborazo in Ecuador. The goal of Project Ecuador is to deliver 1000 soccer balls, and 1000 pairs of soccer cleats to some of the most impoverished children in Ecuador.

Name:
Location: Victoria, British Columbia, Canada

2.19.2007

Starting off on the right foot.

Hey everyone! Good to be blogging, even if Ecuadorian interent is slower than I am used to. I am happy to say that everyone from the group is now in Ecuador. The final three of us arrived yesterday in Quito and were met by Gavin and Roberto. Today we spent the day exploring the city, tomorrow we will be heading up to Chimborazo to scout our target villages.

Perhaps the coolest thing that I could imagine just starting out was finding a group of kids playing street soccer on our wanderings around Quito. Instead of just observing, we joined right in. Everyone had an awesome time. We goofed around, taught them a few English words, and laughed a lot. When we were done our game they were able to say, "Goodbye friends!" They tolds us next time we are in Quito to come find them, because they will be playing.

Soccer is what connected us. It is everywhere. I can't wait to see what the next few weeks hold for the project.

Maintain the aim.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Awesome Guys! I'm glad you all arrived safely. Thanks for keeping us informed. I can't wait to see some of the documentary footage you are taking.

Also, I just wanted to let you know that I am getting so much positive feedback from people who have read the Project Ecuador post on my blog and follow your link to this blog and givemeaning. I will continue to direct people to your blog and hopefully more people will want to contribute or get involved with OA's future projects. Anything I can do to promote what you are doing.

Best Wishes.

2:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home