OA's Project Ecuador

Opportunitas Aequa's first project is the collection of new and used soccer equipment to be transported and distributed to the rural province of Chimborazo in Ecuador. The goal of Project Ecuador is to deliver 1000 soccer balls, and 1000 pairs of soccer cleats to some of the most impoverished children in Ecuador.

Name:
Location: Victoria, British Columbia, Canada

4.03.2007

Where it's at

To all the thousands of faithful OA blog readers (Hi Mom), I am sorry for taking some time to get more information up. There are good reasons, but first, an update where everyone is at.

After successfully completing everything we set out to do (lots more on that to come), we have split up and gone our separate ways. Sergio is back in Vancouver and preparing to start post-production, Andrew is off to begin his jungle medicine course in Puyo, Ecuador, Roberto is back in Columbia, Gavin is travelling through Peru working his way toward Argentina and a Boca Juniors / River Plate game, Brenden is getting set to fly home on the 7th of April, and Duncan and I are soaking up sun on the coast before returning on the 10th of April.

There are tons of photos, and even more stories. I promise to spend a lot of blog time when I get home to get everyone up to date. It is taking some time to get our heads around everything that has happened in the past month (... and year). When it really sinks in the blog will be the first place I go to. So, please, be patient with me.

Till then, hold tight, and expect the next (huge) update by mid-April.

Maintain the aim everyone.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope that you are all enjoying your down time and your new adventures. Following Project Equador has been very inspiring and heart warming. You should all be very proud of your accomplishments; I know I sure am of you (especially of my little bro..). All the best in meeting your next dreams head on! Take care.

10:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Safe travels. Enjoy your time in the sun. You deserve it!

I'm sorry about your blogger related frustrations. I can relate. Consider switching wordpress.com. Trust me, it is far superior and easy as pie to switch over. If you have any questions, I'd be happy to help.

PS The Podcast featuring OA has just been accepted by the itunes store! It will be up very soon.

4:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home